UF Shelter Medicine Course Schedule
The curriculum developed for the Online Graduate Certificate in Shelter Medicine presents the core knowledge and skills required for success as a shelter veterinarian while recognizing the unique needs of adult learners.
The online Graduate Certificate in Shelter Medicine consists of five online courses for a total of 15 credits. The courses are:
- Integrating Veterinary Medicine with Shelter Systems
- Shelter Animal Physical Health
- Behavioral Health of Shelter Dogs and Cats
- Animal Shelter Population Management by the Metrics
- The Role of the Animal Shelter in Protecting Community and Public Health
This certificate can be completed in as little as 1 year.
|VEM 5321/ VME 6810||Integrating Veterinary Medicine with Shelter Systems||3||Spring/Summer/Fall|
|VEM 5381 / VME 6811||Shelter Animal Physical Health||3||Spring/Fall|
|VME 6813||Behavioral Health of Shelter Dogs and Cats||3||Spring/Fall|
|VME 6815||Animal Shelter Population Management by the Metrics||3||Spring/Fall|
|VME 6816||The Role of the Animal Shelter in Protecting Community and Public Health||3||Spring|