Financial Aid Information
Master’s degree students are eligible for private and federal loans. Federal financial aid is not available for non-degree and graduate certificate students.
Minimum credits for eligibility for financial aid:
- Fall and Spring = 5 credits
- Summer = 4 credits
To ensure federal funds are disbursed by the tuition due date, students seeking federal aid should:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as early as possible
- Complete steps through FAFSA and UF’s Student Self Service in a timely manner
- UF’s Federal School Code is 001535.
Fee waivers and exemptions (military, Florida, state employee) are not accepted. Tuition & fees for online courses at UF may be paid online via credit card or e-check. UF charges a non-refundable service charge for credit card payments.
For more information or questions, contact our financial aid coordinator:
Financial Aid for Veterans
If you’re a veteran seeking financial aid, visit the UF Office for Veteran Student Services website.
Some shelters are willing to raise funds from private donors to sponsor advanced training for shelter veterinarians. You might also be eligible for private education loans. We recommend that you do an internet search for “private education loans” to find out who will fund part-time graduate students.
Please visit the UF Office for Student Financial Affairs website for information to assist you in researching private loans.
Please click here to view our page about employer reimbursement, a viable option.
How much does it cost?
All students who enroll in the UF Veterinary Shelter Medicine online program supported by PetSmart Charities® will pay in-state tuition for University of Florida graduate-level courses.
Tuition & Fees
Tuition is $525 per credit hour plus fees for all students, regardless of location. Our program does not accept the UF EEP or Florida State Tuition Waiver. We are an off-book program and do not receive funds from these programs. Nondegree and Certificate students will pay Capital Improvement/Technology fees. MS students will pay Capital Improvement/Technology/Financial Aid fees. Please click here for more information. **
- $1,575 tuition plus $39.96 fees = $1,614.96/ each three-credit online course
- $4,725 tuition plus $119.88 fees = $4,844.88/ completed certificate (three courses)
- $15,750 tuition plus $399.60 fees = $16,149.60/ completed master’s degree
- Masters Degree Tuition ranges from $525 to $650 per credit hour depending on elective choice.
**Additional costs for required textbooks. Fees are approximate.
- The $37 application fee must be paid with the submission of the online application in order for the application to be submitted.
Registration costs follow the standard tuition and fee rates for the University of Florida. Registration includes access to the course materials (e.g., lectures, reading material, discussion sessions, etc.). Students may be responsible for other optional costs as well.