Graduate Certificate Admissions
Graduate Certificate Minimum Requirements for All Applicants (Domestic and International)
- A baccalaureate degree in any subject from an accredited institution with an upper-division GPA of 2.0 or better
A DVM or VMD degree from a regionally accredited institution or its international equivalent
Students currently enrolled in a DVM or VMD degree program from a regionally accredited institution or its international equivalent
For the certificate program, the minimum GPA is 2.0. However, a 2.0 GPA may limit eligibility for future enrollment in MS level programs. Therefore, those applying to the certificate should contact us if maintain a GPA of 2.5 or below.
Domestic applicants: please submit official transcripts from all colleges and institutions attended to the UF Office of Admissions. If unable to submit electronically, please mail to:
University of Florida
Office of Admissions
201 Criser Hall – PO Box 114000
Gainesville, FL 32611-4000
Additional Requirements for International Applicants
- Original, official transcript/mark sheet and diploma/degree certificates from prior institutions.
- Documents must be in the native language from each university or college attended. If the native language for the documents is not English, a certified, literal (exact) translation is required.
- Please mail these documents to:
University of Florida
Maples Center for Forensic Medicine
Attn: Dr. Jason Byrd
4800 SW 35th Drive
Gainesville FL – 32608
- If you would like this document returned to you, please include a return shipping label and return packaging with it.
- Please download this checklist PDF to include with your package.
- For a person whose native language is not English or for an applicant who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from a non-English speaking country, minimum TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) scores are 550 for the paper-based, 213 for the computer-based, or 80 for the internet-based exams.
- Non-English speaking countries are those which are not included in the Graduate School’s list of English speaking countries.
- Other Graduate Council-approved English language skills tests may be substituted for the TOEFL, including IELTS and MELAB.
For more information on the necessary scores for English language skills tests, please visit this website.
Transfer of Credits
Three credits of coursework taken as a UF non-degree student can be applied toward a certificate program. Coursework from another university cannot be accepted for credit toward a certificate. No more than 3 credits taken as a non-degree student can be applied towards a certificate.
In order for the credits to be applied towards the certificate, the following criteria have to be met:
- The student must be formally admitted to the certificate program.
- The non-degree coursework grades must be a B grade or higher.
- The coursework taken as a non-degree seeking student must pertain to the certificate program the student is admitted to.