Build your executive skillset to broaden your impact on animal welfare across communities.
$525 per Credit Hour
Master’s Degree – 30 Credit Hours, Graduate Certificate – can be completed in as little as one year.
Admissions are accepted for Spring, Summer and Fall.
|Summer 2023||April 1, 2023|
|Fall 2023||July 15, 2023|
|Spring 2024||November 15, 2023|
about online shelter medicine distance learning
The online Shelter Medicine program will allow you to learn how to recognize and manage infectious diseases in a shelter, collect forensic evidence in a current investigation, and prevent behavioral and welfare problems in large populations of animals.
This program fills an existing curriculum gap in shelter medicine by providing quality online courses for veterinary professionals, animal welfare professionals, and students. Even career changers interested in getting a start in shelter medicine or assisting local shelters with non-profit leadership issues can transition into the program as a non-degree seeking student. Demand continues to grow for qualified professionals in this ever-expanding field.
UF’s shelter medicine graduate program offers competitive in-state tuition for all students, regardless of location.
- Application Fee: $37
- Cost per Credit Hour: $448.73 – $575 plus fees
- Credits Required for Master’s Degree: 30
- Credits Required for Graduate Certificate: 15
- Total Master’s Degree Tuition: $15,750 plus fees
- Total Graduate Certificate in Shelter Medicine Tuition: $7,875 plus fees
- Total Graduate Certificate in Animal Shelter Leadership Tuition: $6,730.95 (In-state)-$8,625 (out-of-state) plus fees
For more information about the costs of attendance and financial aid, visit the tuition page.
By chat, phone, email, or through our web form, experienced admissions officers are here to help you, wherever you may be.