Requirements for Online Courses
- High-speed internet access and a desktop or laptop computer
- MULTIPLE Internet browsers (e.g., Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Safari).
- Do NOT use ANY version of Internet Explorer.
- Mobile apps do exist for accessing Canvas, VoiceThread, Adobe Connect, and other distance learning technologies during the course. However these mobile applications may have some limitations compared to the desktop versions.
- A working headset with microphone to participate in optional live chats in Adobe Connect webinar tool. A mobile app is available for Adobe Connect, but it does not have all of the functionality of the desktop version.
- Students must have Microsoft Office Software installed and have basic skills for using Word and Excel. Students with a Gator Link ID have free access to Lynda.com for training and are able to download discounted/free software from the GatorCloud by visiting http://www.it.ufl.edu/gatorcloud/.
Tools Used in Online Courses
Adobe Connect: Live Chat sessions are held using the Adobe Connect tool, accessed from the course page in Canvas. Please use a headset during all Adobe Connect chats.
Watch a video tutorial.
- VoiceThread: This cloud-based discussion tool is used to record and share project presentations.
Click here for a student user guide.
- Contact Support at email@example.com or 352-273-8691
- UF e-Learning FAQ
- UF Computing Help Desk
- UF Help Desk on Twitter (@UFhd)
Accessing Your UF Email Account
Once you are a student, all official communication will be sent to your UFL email account. Your GatorLink username makes up the first part of the UFL email address (the part before @ufl.edu). Your UF email can be set up 2 weeks after you have been admitted to the program.
- To access your UFL Office 365 mail please visit https://outlook.com/ufl.edu and sign in with your GatorLink username and password
- You may need to update your UF email: https://ufhealth-education-dce-programs.sites.medinfo.ufl.edu/files/2015/07/UFBusinessEmailAddressVerification.pdf
- If you need additional information in regard to this service, visit https://wiki.helpdesk.ufl.edu/FAQs/EmailLists OR call 352-392-4357 (HELP)