Be prepared to respond to veterinary disaster events as a volunteer.
By the end of this course, students will:
- Complete six online Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) courses to obtain credentials as a basic-volunteer responder (if not previously completed).
- Know the Incident Command System (ICS) structure and why it is important for disaster management.
- Know the potential roles served by volunteers and veterinarians within a disaster response.
- Compare the response structure for animal disasters in Florida to the structures used in other locations.
- Develop a personal disaster readiness plan.
- Be ready to respond to a disaster is activated.