Mandatory Department Application
Please fill out the form below if you are interested in applying to the University of Florida for a non-degree in Shelter Medicine Online.
Complete the Non Degree application form.
*You must submit this application again if you wish to take courses in subsequent semesters.
When completing and submitting the application, please note:
- Choose "THE COLLEGE OF VETERINARY MEDICINE - Veterinary Shelter Medicine" in the "College" dropdown box
- If you already have a UFID please provide it. If you do not, leave that section blank, as you will be issued a UFID.
- Please provide the reason you are applying as a non-degree student. (For example: to earn a certificate, to begin taking courses before being formally admitted, etc.).
- Course information must be entered on the application, but is not required for our program. Please enter n/a in the first prefix and number (both) fields.
- Enter your residency information. The residency of our students has no bearing on tuition cost for our program, but this information is required by the University of Florida.
- If you are a non-Florida resident, check the appropriate box.
- If you are a Florida resident, fully complete the "Residency Information" section, including the numbers and original issue dates for two of these three identifying documents:
- Driver's License
- Vehicle Registration
- Voter Registration
- If you are not located in the United States please type in "Not Applicable" in the area asking for US VISA information.
- Add @ufl.edu to your ‘safe list’ on your email account. If you receive any emails from our office or the Office of the University Registrar regarding your application, you must respond.
Additional Minimum Requirements: For International Students Only
- The English language skill requirements for admission
- If your native language is not English, or if you graduated with a bachelor's degree from a non-English speaking country, you will need to take and submit your TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or other Graduate Council approved English language skills test scores.
- Non-English speaking countries are those which are not included in the Graduate School's list of English speaking countries.
- To be admitted as a nondegree student, the applicant must score the following on the TOEFL:
TOEFL Exam Type Required Score Paper-based 550 Computer-based 213 Internet 80
We will begin processing non-degree applications once registration opens for that semester. Please check our key dates here: https://onlinesheltermedicine.vetmed.ufl.edu/key-dates/. If approved, we will email you with instructions on how to submit a registration request.
Note: If you are an online student, you can disregard the email you will receive about immunization requirements. You will be exempt from having to provide proof of immunization.
Non-Degree Application Completion Notification
Please fill out the form below to confirm you have completed all of the steps in the application process for Shelter Medicine.