Mandatory Department Application
Please fill out the form below if you are interested in applying to the University of Florida’s Graduate Certificate in Shelter Medicine.
Contact us if you are interested in taking courses as a non-degree student prior to acceptance.
Complete the Certificate application form.
*If you are a current masters student, apply here (link to https://www.isis.ufl.edu/cgi-bin/eaglec?page=ise-certmn)
When submitting the application, please note:
- Provide all of the requested personal information.
- If you already have a UFID, please provide it. If you do not, leave that section blank, as you will be issued a UFID.
Under “Certificate,” select the following:
- Level: Graduate**There is also a professional level of this certificate. It is very important that you select “Graduate.”
- College: Veterinary Medicine
- Select “Shelter Medicine” from the list of certificates.
- Enter all of the colleges or universities that you have attended.
- Upload your unofficial transcripts. Our department will not receive your application until your transcripts are received (either official or unofficial). Please note that you will not be admitted until your official transcripts are received.
- Enter your residency information. The residency of our students has no bearing on the tuition cost for our program, but this information is required by the University of Florida.
- If you are a non-Florida resident, check the appropriate box.
- If you are a Florida resident, fully complete the Residency Information section, including the numbers and original issue dates for two of these three identifying documents:
- Driver’s license
- Vehicle registration
- Voter registration
- Add @ufl.edu to the safe list on your email account. If you receive any emails from UF regarding your application, you must respond.
- Pay the $30 application fee.
International applicants must:
- Enter your surname and given name in the Passport Name section—even if you do not have a passport.
- If you reside in the United States, you must provide a copy of your permanent resident card or visa to the Office of Admissions.
Additional Minimum Requirements: For International Students Only
- The English language skill requirements for admission
- If your native language is not English, or if you graduated with a bachelor's degree from a non-English speaking country, you will need to take and submit your TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or other Graduate Council approved English language skills test scores.
- Non-English speaking countries are those which are not included in the Graduate School's list of English speaking countries.
- To be admitted as a nondegree student, the applicant must score the following on the TOEFL:
TOEFL Exam Type Required Score Paper-based 550 Computer-based 213 Internet 80
Domestic and International Applicants Requesting Transcripts
All students must have original, sealed transcripts sent to the University of Florida to verify all coursework taken after high school.
Domestic Applicants Only
Transcripts can be sent via post or electronically. Request official, original transcripts from every school that you reported on the UF Graduate Application in Step 2.
Send transcripts via post to the following address:
University of Florida
Office of Admissions
201 Criser Hall – PO Box 114000
Gainesville, FL 32611-4000
Send electronic transcripts directly FROM the institution TO the UF Office of Admissions at email@example.com.
The institution must use one of the following verified companies to submit transcripts or the transcripts cannot be considered valid and official:
Parchment, Faster, National Student Clearinghouse, Transcripts Plus, Credential Solutions, or E-script/Scrip-Safe.
If one of these companies cannot be used transcripts must be sent via post.
International Applicants Only
If either your bachelor's or graduate degree(s) were earned outside of the United States, please see the transcript and diploma requirement below.
Original, official transcript/mark sheet and diploma/degree certificates from prior institutions.
- Documents must be in the native language from each university or college attended. If the native language for the documents is not English, a certified, literal (exact) translation is required.
- Please mail these documents to: University of Florida Attn: Entrepreneurial Programs 2046 NE Waldo Rd, Rm 2200 Gainesville FL 32609
- If you would like this document returned to you, please include a return shipping label and return packaging with it.
- Please download this checklist PDF to include with your package.
Note: If you are an online student, you can disregard the email you will receive about immunization requirements. You will be exempt from having to provide proof of immunization.
Certificate Application Completion Notification
Please fill out the form below to confirm that you have completed all of the steps in the application process for the online Maddie’s® Graduate Certificate in Shelter Medicine.