Maddie’s® Shelter Medicine Program at the University of Florida
Dr. Yoonju Cho is a visiting research scholar spending her sabbatical year at University of Florida. She is a Diplomate of the Korean College of Laboratory Animal Medicine and an assistant professor at Seojeong College in South Korea. Dr. Cho’s interests include shelter management, cat population control, HQHVSN (high quality, high volume spay neuter), and pediatric spay/neuter.
Dr. Cho is devoting her sabbatical year to developing a data collection and reporting tool for use in Seoul’s network of 25 animal shelters. The tool will help track incoming animals, outcomes, and health conditions of the pets over time. This data will enable Seoul’s animal welfare community to develop targeted interventions that make better use of resources.
Learn more about Dr. Cho and “Animal Sheltering in Seoul” here.
- PhD, Veterinary Public Health, Konkuk University, 2010
- DVM, Konkuk University, 2005
Reports of Research:
- Research for the Animal Welfare Policy Development and the Master Plan on Animal Shelter Management in Seoul, Seoul Metropolitan City, 2013
- Development of a Specific Food for Enhancement of Health and a Feeding Manual for Detector Dog, Rural Development Administration, 2013
- Startup School Program for Pet Industry, Korea Venture Business Women’s Association, 2013
- Feasibility Study for the Establishment of the Equine Industrial Research Institute in Yangju City, Yangju City, 2012-2013
- Study for Safety Control of Veterinary Anesthetics, Korea Food and Drug Administration, 2011
- Development of National Guidelines on Animal Experiment, National Veterinary Research and Quarantine Service, 2009
- A study on Animal Euthanasia Drug and Animal Euthanasia Standards, Korean Veterinary Medical Association, 2009
- Development of Gnotobiotic Pig Derivation and Rearing Technique, Biogreen21, Rural Development Administration, 2007-2011
- Jae-Won Lee, Jeong Ik Lee, Yoon Ju Cho, Young-Ah Lee, Jong-In Kim, Bo Ram Hwang,
Hyung Joon Kim, Hyunjhung Jhun, Jin Soo Han (2014) A survey of the use of veterinary anesthetics in Korea, Korean J Vet Res, 54(2), 101-105
- Young Ah Lee, Jong-In Kim, Jae-Won Lee, Yoon Ju Cho, Byeong Han Lee, Hyun Woo Chung, Keun-Kyu Park, Jin Soo Han (2012) Effects of Various Anesthetic Protocols on 18F-Flurodeoxyglucose Uptake, Journal of the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science
- Jae-Won Lee, Jong-In Kim, Young-Ah Lee, Dong-Hun Lee, Chang-Seon Song, Yoon Ju Cho, Jin Soo Han (2012) Inhaled Hydrogen Gas Therapy for Prevention of Testicular Ischemia/Reperfusion Injury in Rats, Journal of Pediatric Surgery, 47, 736-742
- June Bryan I. de la Pena, Hae Chang Lee, Ike C. de la Pena, Tae Soon Woo, Seo Young Yoon, Hye Lim Lee, Jin Soo Han, Jeong Ik Lee, Yoon Ju Cho, Chan Young Shin, Jae Hoon Cheong (2012) Rewarding and Reinforcing Effects of the NMDA Receptor Antagonist–Benzodiazepine Combination, Zoletil®: Difference between Acute and Repeated Exposure, Behavioural Brain Research, 233, 434-442
- Yoon Ju Cho, Young Ah Lee, Jae-Won Lee, Jong-In Kim, Jin Soo Han (2011) Kinetics of Proinflammatory Cytokines after Intraperitoneal Injection of Tribromoethanol and Tribromoethanol/Xylazine Combination in ICR Mice, Laboratory Animal Research, 27(3), 197-203
- Cho, Y.J., Lee, Y.A., Jhun, H.J, Kim, J.S., Pyagai, R., Ahn, C., Hong, J.W., Jung, K.W., Han, J.S. (2008) Subchronic Safety Test for IonCluster in Mice; New Deodorizer in the Laboratory Animal Facility. Laboratory Animal Research. 24(3) 333-340